Do you need of mold testing for your home?
Molds are a type of fungi that grow in the form of multicellular hyphae. There are thousands of mold species--common both indoors and outdoors. They reproduce via tiny spores which are invisible to the naked eye and float within indoor and outdoor air. Mold growth is always associated with moisture (whether indoors or out). Therefore, within a home or other building, mold growth commonly occurs in association with a pipe or roof leak, poorly ventilated rooms, steam filled rooms, etc.
Your safety always comes first.
Presence of mold can cause health problems through the production of allergens, irritants, and toxic substances known as mycotoxins. Inhaling or touching mold spores has been found to cause the following allergic reactions (which can be immediate or delayed after exposure): sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash. Irritation to the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs may also occur for people who are allergic and those who aren't. Exposure to mold mycotoxins, such as Stachybotrys chartarum (aka black mold), can reportedly lead to neurological problems and even death.
Give us a call if you're in need!
Mold is a serious problem that's hard to identify with the naked eye. It's important to take the right steps to identify the problem, test it properly, and get the right treatment to ensure a safe environment. PEL Laboratories is here in Ann Arbor to help in your time of need! Contact us at (877)-220-3528. We'll set you up with a vendor to retrieve samples. Plus, we'll test it first-hand!